Sunday, March 23, 2014

Back Home Again in Indiana

We left early this morning to take Brett back to Bloomington.  He was a little apprehensive as he has a test on Monday, quiz on Thursday and a speech due Friday.  Seems like a lot for the first week back after Spring Break, but I know that he will do well.  

Brett wanted to watch Magnolia on the way down.  I didn't know much about the movie, but it ended up being the perfect fit.  The movie was three hours long and held all of our interest.  As Brett said when it was over, "I wouldn't want to see it again, but am glad that I can now say I saw it."  I would agree with him.  The movie was strange, but interesting.

We stopped for lunch at Oliver Winery.  Brett decided that he didn't need to go anywhere else, so we took him to his dorm after that.  Doug helped Brett take his belongings to his room.  Brett agreed with him that it definitely needed cleaned out.  He told me he was going to work on that this afternoon.  He also had some more studying to do and was scheduled to serve at 9 p.m. mass.  

Doug and I took a walk around campus after Brett left.  It was a beautiful day.  There was hardly any snow left in Bloomington and with the sun out the campus was gorgeous.  I am so proud of Brett.  He has really adjusted to college life well.  We thoroughly enjoyed having him home.  He brings back a sense of normalcy when he is here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment