Wednesday, September 9, 2020


This is my absolute favorite picture of my "CrapPa" and I.  It was the first thing that popped up on my phone this morning and when I saw it I just started crying.  I loved my grandfather and spending time with him was one of my favorite things to do from my earliest memories to the last days of his life.  His stories were always fascinating and his love and support for me knew no bounds.  I have thought about him a lot lately.  Doug has talked quite a bit these past few months about moving to Florida when Cam graduates.  I would have loved to get my grandpa's thoughts on his time in Arcadia and what his reaction was when he first moved to the sunshine state.  I also would have enjoyed telling him about the crack in our tree this past week, especially about the tools and manpower that were used to bring it down. 

The list of the questions that I would love to ask my grandfather is endless.  I would so enjoy hearing his response to the pandemic, the protests, the political divide as well as his memories of times in his life that might have rivaled our country's current situation.  I know that he would have made me feel better about dealing with the current health crisis by reminding me that the US had survived worse.  As I thought today about all that I wanted to talk to my grandpa about I realized that it really didn't matter what the topic was or the questions that I had, I just really wanted to talk to him again and wished that he was could still be here to share this life with our family.  Although I know that it was time for him to move on, I miss him terribly.  In honor of his 98th birthday today, I found this quote below.  It captures exactly how I feel as the tears that I shed today were so worth the time that I spent with him.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment