Monday, March 7, 2016

The Model of a Devoted Wife

Yesterday Nancy Reagan died.  I spent quite a bit of time while folding laundry watching the news and listening to remembrances of her life.  The more I listened the more impressed I was with her devotion to her husband.  In a world that talks so much about feminism I love that she viewed it differently.  She loved and supported him in all he did and was not shy about showing that to the world.

There is nothing that I enjoy more than being Doug's wife and mother to the Heinisch four.  I have heard so many women criticize their husbands or talk negatively them.  I've never understood that.  Doug is not perfect, but he is perfect for me.  He is a devoted father and brings a security and strength to our family that I could never duplicate.  I do not wish for much more in life than to spend it with him.  If that means supporting him as he works, coaches soccer and is a member of the county council, then I am all for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment