Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Bowl 50

I am not a big fan of football and do not watch any games during the season.  That being said I do enjoy Super Bowl Sunday.  Our family starts the afternoon at the Knights hall for tacos and wings.  They always have a lot of activity going on and everyone enjoys the food.  Afterward we hang out at home getting as much as possible done before the game starts.  This year that included Cal and HM watching The Shining.

My favorite part of the game is always the commercials, although this year I did not seem to like as many as in years past.  Meg watched with us until the halftime show was over.  It was very good this year.  All of us like Cold Play and they were great.  Doug and Cal are in it for the game and Cam just enjoys the entire festivities of the day that included homemade guacamole.  Cal informed us all that over 71 million avocados were estimated to be sold this weekend.

The game turned out to be a good one and not the blowout that everyone was predicting.  I know a lot of people in this area were cheering for the Broncos as it is rumored to be Peyton Manning's last year.  They should not be disappointed if he retires now with his second Super Bowl ring.  I enjoyed the pregame show with the parade of former MVP's, but my favorite part of the day was just hanging out with the Heinisch family.  That's what makes the day special for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment