Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Asleep on the Couch

It is ten o'clock and Doug is asleep on the couch.  This has become our typical routine since soccer started.  Doug changed his work schedule and his day know begins at Renegade at 6 a.m.  Thus, he has to be up at 5 every morning to be in on time.  Doug has soccer practice beginning at 4 p.m.  The girls know to start stretching and are ready when he arrives.  I watched his practice the other night and realize that he runs their sprints with them and participates in many of the drills.  On days like today, he hustles out of soccer practice to catch part of a tennis match and then heads off to coach Cameron's youth center soccer team.

Therefore, I do not say much when he zonks out early.  I know that once he sits down it is hard to stay awake.  I appreciate his hard work.  The one nice thing about him falling asleep so early is that I can turn the TV off.  I don't mind learning about Puerto Rico on PBS, but sometimes it is nice just to have some quiet time.  Soccer will end soon enough, so I will not wish time away.  I am glad that he has enjoyed it.  I also realize that once it is over, he will move on to the next project.  I wonder what it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment