Friday, August 4, 2017

New Year, New School

Today Meg and Cameron started their first day of junior year and 7th grade.  They were both dressed and ready to go well before they needed to leave.  Cam wore his flamingo shirt and Meg dressed conservatively with jeans.  Meg was nervous, but also very excited.  She had texted Rachel several times last night and felt a lot more comfortable.  She also finished Northanger Abbey which was a relief to her.  Cam said he was excited to see his friends, but not so much about starting class again.  I thought about both of them all day and was so happy when I got a text from Meg before practice stating "I had a very good day."  Dad picked up Cameron and he had the exact same sentiment.   How exciting for both of them.

While they were at school I spent my day working at the garage sale and helping Brett get organized for his trip to Bloomington.  He ended up having to throw out one pillow, but other than that he fit everything in his bags.  He was planning on leaving at 6:30 tomorrow morning to make sure he gets to the airport on time.  It was unseasonably cold today and I am not sure the temperature rose above 60. I was glad that the garage sale was still busy.  We definitely had less to take in at the end of the day.

Tonight was just as busy as the day.  Cam and Doug went golfing.  I took food over to Paula's for Debbi's retirement party and then came back to visit once Meg got home from practice.  Tonight was also the junior class get together.  It was at Rachel's.  Meg wanted me to take her, so after we visited with everyone at Paula's I took her to the party.  I spent the rest of the evening back at Paula's catching up with everyone and helping clean up.  Meg didn't call me until 9:45.  She had had a wonderful time and was glad to get to know some of her classmates better.  As soon as I got home Doug loaded the van.  I had brought most of Brett's items up from the basement and he already had some furniture in the garage.  He will leave around 10:00 a.m. tomorrow.  Hoping for a safe trip for Brett and Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment