Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Semi Formal

Today Cal told me that he needed a gold tie and a black shirt for semi formal.  I was in a little bit of a panic.  I had asked him several weeks ago what he needed, but at the time he didn't want anything.  I was sure that it would be impossible to find anything for him.  I have not been shirt and tie shopping since Brett was a senior.  I was positive that no one would have a black shirt let alone a gold tie.  I am happy to say that I was completely wrong.  Kohl's actually had black shirts in several different styles and sizes.  I found two for him to try and four different styles of gold ties.  I decided that since I was already buying him a shirt and tie I might as well get pants and a belt too just in case.  He was pleased with what I brought home and I plan to take back what he doesn't need.

We had purchased Meg's dress several weeks ago and found the perfect pair of shoes shortly after.  Thus, it may seem that Cal waited quite awhile to tell me that he needed a shirt and tie.  I have to be honest.  I was glad he gave me this much notice.  I figured I would be driving around like crazy on Saturday afternoon looking for what he needed.  Therefore, I was thrilled that not only did he let me know several days in advance, but it looks like we have him covered.  Now all I have to worry about is Meg's hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment