Saturday, January 30, 2016

New Friends, New Experiences

Cameron did not have school yesterday as it was his snow makeup day.  Bethany also did not have to use it, so he spent a quiet day at Grandma's making tea, working on his magic tricks and reading.  I had planned on staying home in the morning with him, but we had statewide testing today and I had to be there for that.  Instead I will be off next Friday with him as he gets two days off when the teachers attend a Mennonite conference.  With the two hour delay it worked out just as well.  

When I got home at 2 p.m. Cam was already packed for his overnight adventure.  He had been invited to Andre's birthday/slumber party.  Meg rode with me to drop him off, since Andre lives about ten minutes away from Doug's work.  Cam was excited to go and they were all happy to hear that he was spending the night.  I barely got a hug before he was off for a game of carpet ball. 

He came home this morning tired, but happy.  Besides carpet ball they also had several Nerf gun fights.  Cam chose to sit out of Five Nights at Freddie's.  I don't blame him as that game can get pretty scary.  He had pizza for dinner and tried to stay up as late as possible, but by 1:30 a.m. he gave out.  

As I register Cameron for Bethany's next year 6th grade class I feel ever more blessed that this experience has been such a positive one.  He has made a lot of new friends, feels challenged in school, likes his teacher and has had a lot of new experiences this year.  Can't wait to see what next year has in store for him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment