Friday, November 6, 2015

End of the First Trimester

The end of the trimester did arrive yesterday leaving today as a teacher day.  I spent the afternoon getting my room ready for next trimester.  I did get a lot accomplished this week despite the stress of the workload.

I picked up Meg after I left school.  She spent the night at Kaitlin's.  They walked to McDonald's for lunch and then stopped by my Mom's.  Cal hung out here most of the day.  He went to the girls game last night.  He hasn't been feeling the best, but is relieved the trimester is over.  He ended up with an 11.0 which is the highest he has had in quite awhile.  Meg also finished well earning an 11.2 GPA.  I was thrilled with both of them.

We were ready to leave as soon as Doug got home.  The trip down was very easy until we got on 37 in Martinsville.  It has been under construction for quite some time and doesn't look to be anywhere close to finished.  It only slowed us up about ten minutes, however and we were at Buffalouies by 8:40.  Brett was already there waiting on us.  We found a table upstairs and everyone enjoyed visiting and catching up.  I appreciated the fact that all six of us were together for a meal.

Once dinner was over Brett was ready to head back to the dorm.  He made plans to go to see Goosebumps later that evening and we were ready to get breadsticks and hang out with Parce.  He was up waiting for us and we all talked, unpacked and enjoyed Pizza Express.  Cam was the first one asleep.  I can't remember the last time that happened.  No one usually beats Doug to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment