Saturday, July 11, 2015

The Mini Golf Champ

After a day of working around the house, exercising, playing golf, doing laundry and figuring out what was wrong with Cal's truck we decided to head to South Bend for the evening.  Meg, Cam and I were still bitter over the beating we took in mini golf on the way back from Galena and challenged Doug to a rematch.  Thus, our first stop was Putt Putt.  It was close and came down to the last hole.  Doug had a three stroke lead and had a four to end the round.  The three of us all had twos and tied with 43's.  Doug beat us by one.  At least it was a lot more respectable this time around.

We went to Barnes & Noble after mini golf.  I wanted to check on a Hemingway biography and to see when the new Harper Lee book was to be released.  I found the information I was looking for about Hemingway and Walloon Lake.  The sequel to "To Kill a Mockingbird" comes out on the 14th, so I will have to order it online.  I am hoping to take it with us to Michigan.  I assume Brett, Doug and my Dad will want to read it as well.  Brett texted me today to let me know that he had been reading that it is rumored that Truman Capote really wrote the books.  That would make sense since he is one of the main characters in the book and concerns a lot of detail about his life.

We had dinner at Scotty's Brewhouse.  Doug received a gift card there from his boss.  The last time we ate there I wasn't quite sure about it, but tonight we all really like it.  There was plenty of food and everything was delicious.  We even had quite a bit to bring home for Cal.

No comments:

Post a Comment