Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Presentations

This morning the Encore group was in charge of the presentation for Smart Start.  We had done a book study for the past month or so on a speaker that the entire middle school will see tomorrow.  He has done research on teaching, poverty and brain development.  My goal was not to give an opinion on his research or how it will work in our school system.  Instead I focused on presenting information to the staff that would give them an overview of his book and the key concepts according to the Encore teachers.

I was nervous about the presentation before I participated in it.  I wasn't sure how it would work with a group presenting.  I had written the power point and was comfortable with the slides, but we hadn't really worked out who would talk about what.  It worked out fine, however, as two of us stepped up and presented.  The rest of the group answered questions if needed and overall I felt that the morning was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment