Sunday, March 22, 2015

Happy Birthday Meg!



Today was Meg's 14th birthday and we celebrated it in Meg fashion by going to the mall and eating lunch at Macri's.  Meg found a new outfit to purchase and did some window shopping for shoes and clothes that she would like to buy on our Spring Break trip.  We had lunch with Jeannette and Mike.  That was special as we had not seen them in awhile. 

The evening was spent singing Happy Birthday, eating white cake and watching Meg open her gifts.  She received a lot of clothes, head bands, candy and money.  All in all in was a great day and a wonderful way to celebrate Meg.

When I think back to the day she was born I always marvel at the fact that she made it into this world as her birth was very dramatic.  She fought through and although she spent many months afterward catching up on her sleep and has had reoccurring eye problems that I feel are remnants of her trauma birth, she has grown into a beautiful, confident, intelligent young woman.  I never cared when I was pregnant about the gender of our children as I just wanted happy, healthy children.  I do thank God, however, for adding a girl to the Heinisch family frat house.  She is a wonderful addition to our testosterone world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment