Friday, May 3, 2013

The Countdown Has Begun

Now that May is here the Heinisch home has begun the end of the year countdown.  Weekend days are never counted as we only keep track of the school days left before summer vacation.  Right now the count is 21.  Once the Heinisch children subtract days for field trips, picnics, end of the year awards and such, the real count is well less than twenty.

I used to hate counting down the days of anything as I felt I was speeding up time or wishing the days away. This year, however, I am joining in their countdown.  I know that Brett is ready to be done with high school and to start the new chapter of his life.   Meg and Cam can think of nothing else than being outside now that the weather has turned to summer like temperatures.  Cal has never preferred life at school as there is way too much sitting for his constantly moving personality.  Thus, I will wish for them a quick, easy end to the school year, filled with a lot of fun.  They deserve a break and I am going to enjoy spending it with them.

Now if we could get Doug's boss to give him a summer vacation, all would be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment