Saturday, May 4, 2013

Thanks for the help!

I traveled to Purdue to watch Brett's Social Studies Academic Superbowl compete in the state competition.  It is an all day commitment because of the two and a half hour drive.  I have been blessed to be able to attend each of the four years he has competed.   This year was completely different than the previous three.  Shortly after the midpoint break, it was obvious that two other teams were pulling ahead and that we were locking up third place pretty easily.  In other years it has come down to the last question determining our outcome, so this was very relaxing and I spent a lot of time enjoying the event.  I am proud of the boys.  They have worked hard all year.  Brett's goal is always to finish in the top three as those places earn individual medals as well as the team plaque.  He was thrilled to have a medal from each of the four years (and a tye dye shirt commemorating each of the events as well.)

I have to thank my parents for making the lives of the Heinisch children a lot easier today. Since I was in West LaFayette my Dad volunteered to attend Cal's golf invitational to support him.  My Mom kept Meg overnight so she did not have to get up early to go with Doug and Cam to his soccer game.  She then kept Cam so he could enjoy the new load of sand they got this week for the kids to play in.  Thus, he did not have to sit at Meg's game.  My Mom bought them their favorite Subway lunch and my Dad took them fishing once he got back from the golf match.

We were having friends for dinner tonight, so after soccer Doug spent the day mowing, cleaning and cooking.  When Cal called his Dad to pick him up at the high school and couldn't reach him because he was mowing, my Mom left a full cart at the grocery store to pick him up and take him home.  To top it all off she made a dessert for us to have tonight with our company.  That was a big help as I was two hours late getting back and only had time to make the beds before our guests arrived.

I know that she enjoys helping and has told me several times that she loves to be needed.  Today was a day that the Heinisch children needed her.  I know she will be happy to find out that that Meg and Cam's friend Julie ate two helpings of her dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment