Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Meg

Meg knows everyone and everyone seems to know her.  She walked into my 8th grade class today to drop something off and several of my 8th graders got up to high five her.  She shouted at me across the room about the play she was writing with five of her friends in language and my class joined in on the conversation.  They had advice for her and comments about her casting decisions.

I picked Meg up from soccer practice tonight and she filled me in on the discussion she had with one of the biggest curmudgeons in the 8th grade class.  She thinks he is "just the greatest!".  We stopped by Cal's golf match and she was getting all of the Freshmen on "Nevermind" before she took off with one of her best friends to the driving range.  Tomorrow I am going on a field trip with her class.  One of the 6th grade autistic students is part of her group.  She has spent a lot of time with him this week, getting him ready for his "job."  She doesn't quite understand why others do not have as much patience with him.

I do not tell her, but I realize why.  It is because with Meg there is always a positive attitude and a lot of lively conversation.  She is full of life and there is never a dull moment with her.  Meg is friend to all and I just love that about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment