Saturday, December 14, 2013

Snowstorms and Boys

Last night Jayce, Alex and Sam all spent the night at our home.  The boys had a lot of fun playing pool, eating monster cookies and just hanging out.  Doug and I are alway impressed with how well that group includes Cameron.  He flows in and out of whatever they are doing with ease.  They even started calling him Cam Daddy.

This morning the boys were scheduled to go to a basketball breakfast at Sam's, but the weather put a wrench into their plans.  We didn't mind, however, as they spent all morning and most of the afternoon here.  They played chess, checkers and ping pong.  I loved listening to their conversations - it all revolves around sports and trash talking one another.  Jayce filled us in on the details of his accident and Sam tried to prove he could compete in Meg's upcoming spelling bee.

My favorite part of the day, however, occurred before lunch.  I realized that they were all at the window looking at our driveway.  The first part I caught was Cal saying, "Wow, Alex it must have been really windy last night," and Jayce chiming in with "Or the snowplow came through."  Eventually noticing that Brett's truck did not look like an igloo, Alex's response was, "Alright, you two are helping me clean that off."  To which Cal replied, "No way, it's not my car."  They all headed back down to the basement laughing, so I took a peak out the window myself.  There was Alex's car completely covered in snow with only the side mirrors sticking out.  At first I thought that maybe it was really windy or the snowplow did create the mess.  Then I realized that it must have been Cal and Jayce.  Doug confirmed my suspicions as he saw them heading out when he came in.

We laughed all day about the car and after lunch the boys did go "help" Alex dig out.  I think that turned into a huge snow fight, where even Cameron was covered.  Doug did finally get involved and by three all of the boys were on their way home (or to the doctor to have their stitches removed.)  What a great day for all of them.  I am sure that they will talk about their antics all week.  They didn't even seem to mind that their game was postponed until Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment