Monday, July 15, 2013

Tomorrow

Today is one of those that you just know that tomorrow will be a better day.  It wasn't suppose to be that way.  Cal was scheduled to play in a most anticipated golf tournament at a local country club.  My Dad agreed to take him and Doug was going to get to watch a couple of holes on his lunch break. That all changed at 2 a.m. as Cal woke up vomiting.

He made a good try.  Got dressed and at 7:30 he and my Dad took off.  Made it at least halfway there before they had to turn back.  Cal spent the rest of the day on the couch while I tackled his room.  Mom and Brett were a big help and we were able to drag the mattress and box springs outside for a good scrubbing.  Every bathroom and bedroom was cleaned.  I finished at 8:30 tonight over 10 hours after I started.

Doug ended up with the same bug, but the rest of us are still standing.  He and Cal push themselves the hardest, so when something finally slows them down it is usually a pretty big deal.  Neither complained.  I know they both were disappointed about how the day went.  Much to their strong will and determination one made it to soccer tonight and the other to a nine hole event with his teammates.  I keep feeling waves of nausea, but I think it is just from the exhaustion of today.  Fingers are crossed that a good night's sleep for all will make for a better day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment