Sunday, March 13, 2016

Spring Forward

Today is the worst day of the year as far as I am concerned - the dreaded Spring Forward.  I actually set my clocks ahead an hour last night, so when we got up we would already be set for the day.  I woke up early and felt terrible.  Luckily, I was able to fall back to sleep for an hour or so.  Doug said he had a hard time getting up as well and I noticed that everyone else slept past ten.

Meg and Brett went to mass at 11 a.m. and then to Maria's for lunch.  Cam went to Mom's for a couple of hours while Doug and I went to Kohl's in Warsaw.  We had $30 in Kohl's cash and a $10 off.  Doug bought a shirt and a pair of pants.  I just looked around.  We went to lunch at Mad Anthony's afterward.  It was slow, so we had no problem getting a table.

By the time we got back Brett and Meg were already home.  Cal went golfing with Jayce while we were out.  Mom brought Cameron home and then went to Vicky's for Jess' baby shower.  Meg and I went a little later for about an hour or so.  It was nice and we got to catch up with the Barnharts.

Meg invited Kaitlin and Gabby over after the shower.  The girls were going to play tennis, but it rained all day.  Instead they participated in a yoga challenge.  Then Brett, Cam and I took them to Zootopia after dinner.  The movie was great.  It was a nice way to end the evening, but I still find the whole Spring Forward concept annoying.  My favorite eme this week on Facebook was the one that said, "Why can't we spring forward at 4 o'clock on a Friday afternoon."  That would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment