Wednesday, February 10, 2016

One Crazy Day

Meg texted me as soon as I got to school.  Her fever had spiked to 103 and she wasn't sure what to do.  Cal had suggested that she have Grandma take her to the doctor.  Once I got ahold of her I agreed and they made an appointment for 11:30.  School was busy but went on as usual with my 7th graders trying their hand at homemade spaghetti sauce.  The sixth graders were disappointed that their ski trip was cancelled today.  There was enough snow for skiing, but too much for the busses to travel to Michigan.

As the time approached for Cal to arrive at Milford my phone rang.  I thought maybe Cal wasn't feeling well, but instead he was calling to tell me that he was in a ditch and wasn't going to make it.  This also occurred at 11:30.  We kept trying my Dad to come and get him, but he didn't answer.  As soon as the bell rang for Warrior Time dismissal I hurried out the door to find Cal.  The roads were slick, but I got there easily.  He was pretty far in the ditch, but wasn't too shaken.  It looked as though the only damage to the truck was a broken driver's side mirror.  He said that someone pulled out in front of him and he tried to brake.  When he realized that he couldn't stop and was going to hit the car, he decided that the ditch was a better option.  He definitely made the right decision.  I agreed with him that the woman should have stopped to see if he was alright.  I got him back to school by 11:45 and Doug called the tow truck.

I then headed to the doctor's office to see how Meg was doing.  When I got there the doctor had just gotten into her room.  He did a thorough exam on her and concurred with our opinion ~ a sinus infection.  He prescribed antibiotics and she decided that she would go back to school for the last two periods of the day.  Meg missed yesterday and was concerned that she would have a hard time catching up.  We did cancel tennis for this evening.  I felt she needed to get several doses of her medicine in her before she tried exerting herself.

I picked Meg up from school and Dad got Cameron for me.  Chess was cancelled for the night, so we decided to have him get his meningitis vaccine.  We had to wait about 15 minutes or so.  We then stopped at the library and CVS before heading home.  This was definitely one crazy day and I was more than ready for a quiet evening at home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment