Thursday, February 4, 2016

Another Doctor . . . More Tests

Today I was finally able to see my regular family physician.  I have had multiple tests done over the past few weeks, but Dr. Mulry has been gone and I haven't been able to talk through them all with him.  We spent about a half hour going through the eye doctor and gynecologists opinion and their lab results.  Dr. Mulry disagrees with them.  He believes that I am having problems with my blood sugar and carbohydrates, but not enough to cause the vision issues.  With my history of migraines he feels that they are the chief cause of my blurred/double vision.  After the eye test he did today and the fact that I almost fell off the table when he spun the light in my eyesight I would tend to believe he is correct.

Thus, they took three tubes of blood and scheduled an MRI for my head.  At first I was frustrated as I thought maybe we could alter my diet or try medicine and it would help.  The more I thought about it, however, his approach makes more sense.  Until we get all of the results back I will continue to watch the carbohydrates that I eat and try medication for my headaches.  Of all the symptoms the vision is the worst and that is what I would like to correct.  I have always had a problem with migraines and maybe now we will find out what is causing them or at least a way to prevent them.

No comments:

Post a Comment