Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Fortunate Break

Brett left DC just in time on Sunday.  The blizzard that hit us dumped snow on the city and closed almost all of it today.  Even the Smithsonian was not able to open.  I am so glad that Brett made it home safely and that he had such a wonderful time.  At one of the last events he attended he met Vincente Fox, a former President of Mexico.  He took a picture with him and talked of his speech to the youth attending the conference.

I could not believe it when he posted the picture.  I was just talking to his Spanish teacher from high school about Brett's knowledge of Mexican history and the Mexican presidents.  I sent the picture to Frank right away.  What an awesome experience for Brett.  I know it is one he will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment