Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Break

WooHoo!  Today is the official start of Christmas break!  It began with a bang as we had a two hour delay because of fog!  The beginning of school rushed by with a staff breakfast and Cam and Meg handing out gifts.  My 7th and 8th grade classes went by relatively easily as we decorated Christmas cakes and watched The Grinch with Jim Carey.  Sixth and fifth grade was a blur.  It was pancake day and I should have postponed it until after break as we only had thirty minute classes.  We tried it and in the end did pretty well.  Four fifth graders didn't get pancakes, but will on the day after break along with a Warrior award for being patient!

I stuck around for the rest of the afternoon to clean my room and help one of my students finish a gift for his Grandma.  The middle school was really rocking by 2:30 as there was a convocation to announce the extreme Christmas winners and the annual mad dash for cash involving the top sellers of this year's fundraiser.  By the time I met Cam and we headed home, I was ready for bed!

I did take Meg to Brooklyn and Avery's to spend the night, made it to dinner with Brett, Cam and Doug, and even made it up to greet Cal after the basketball game.  A crazy start to our holiday vacation.  Looking forward to rest, relaxation and a lot of family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment