Tuesday, August 13, 2013

1st Day of School


Today was the first day of school for three of the Heinisch children.  Cal is a sophomore.  Meg is in 7th grade and Cameron is a third grader.  All came home happy with only a couple of minor complaints - "not enough friends in my class, going to be a challenging year . . ."  As the school year starts I hope that they have a fantastic year or at least sort of enjoy it. 

Brett and I walked to the local root beer stand for lunch when I got home from work.  It was nice to spend some one on one time with him.  He said that he appreciates school a little more than when he was in the middle of being there.  We included him in the first day of school  picture, because Cal, Cam and Meg were always in the middle of the pictures before they even started preschool.  I am glad that Brett's reflections upon high school are more positive than last Spring.  I know that is pretty normal.  I will miss him next week when he leaves, but am happy for this new chapter he is starting.

As for the rest of the Heinisch children, one went to tennis after school, another hung out with her friends at the high school girls soccer game and the youngest went golfing.  It was a good day over all.  As I told Cam when I picked him up, only 179 more to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment