Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The End of the Week

Last year the Wawasee school board decided to add an extra day to our Thanksgiving break by giving us Wednesday before the holiday off.  I wasn't sure what I thought about it when it was first proposed, but this year it was much appreciated.  On Sunday I wasn't sure I could make it through these two days, but knowing that was all it was made it a lot easier.  It wasn't that I disliked my classes, but more than I was just ready to be home with my family.

Brett brought Meg to me after school so that we could go grocery shopping at Walmart.  It was also $2 Tuesdays at Ben's Pretzels, so we took advantage of that as well.  Cam stayed after school for basketball and chess.  He then went to the A and boys basketball games.   I picked him up afterward.  He had texted me "20 minutes" just as I dropped Meg off at the Wawasee boys game.

Cal went out with his friends tonight.  HM had to work concessions at the game.  It was dress as Thanksgiving tonight and she was my favorite - a Thanksgiving table complete with tablecloth and plates.  Brett and Cam stayed home and played Jenga and Life while Doug and I went to dinner.  We were home well before nine.  Doug had a church finance meeting, so we couldn't go out until that was over.  It was a great start to the Thanksgiving break.

No comments:

Post a Comment