Thursday, November 3, 2016

I Did It!

I don't believe that I could have done it two years ago, but today I boarded a plane by myself and flew to Orlando.  I was able to navigate the Magical Express and check into my room by myself.  It helped that we were just here two weeks ago and I knew the area well, but regardless I was pretty proud of myself.

To celebrate my achievement I hurried over to Animal Kingdom and spent the afternoon enjoying the animals in Africa.  I was able to ride the safari and also walk through Gorilla Falls.  We had never done that before and I really wanted to try it.  It was beautiful and there were a lot of animals to see.  My favorite was the Bongo as usually those are so deep in the forest that we can barely find it on the ride.  I also ate lunch and caught the Flights of Wonder bird show.  It may have been corny, but I enjoyed it.  My last stop of the day was It's Tough to Be a Bug - one of Meg's favorites.

I did not make it back to the conference in time for the keynote speaker as the bus ran late.  I heard later that the imagineer lacked public speaking skills.  I did check into the NAGC (National Association of Gifted Children) Conference.  I caught a bus with Dr. Edington and Jordan to Disney Springs to go shopping before our group dinner.  Once I arrived I caught up with other members of our entorage.  I didn't buy anything but enjoyed the atmosphere.

We ate dinner at Splitsville - a bowling alley/restaurant.  The food was very good and I enjoyed listening to the conversation of our group.  I headed back to the hotel after dinner as I was wiped out. I had been up since 4 a.m.  Before I went to bed I heard from everyone at home several times.  They were all doing well.  I loved how Cam started playing trivia crack with me as soon as I left.  I really did miss all of them.  It is rare that I am gone and they are all at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment