Sunday, November 13, 2016

He's Home!!

Brett called several times yesterday to let us know that he would be arriving home earlier than planned.  I was excited that he would be here, but wasn't expecting him until Tuesday.  I hadn't cleared a spot in the basement for him yet.  I had planned on spending Sunday doing that with Doug's help.  It worked out fine, however, as Meg didn't have much homework with the trimester just starting.  She and I cleaned and organized for about 3 hours Saturday afternoon finishing in plenty of time for Brett's arrival.  He was thrilled to be home and out of the car.  We were very happy to see him.

Today we started on the unpacking.  Brett didn't have as much with him as I remembered, so we could get through what he needed and saved some for tomorrow.  Laundry was the first priority and I spent quite a bit of time getting that done.  No complaints from me, however.  I was glad to help.  I know that he has been swamped these past few weeks with the election.  As he doesn't know what the future holds for him in Maine, he said he was going to start the job search process on Monday.  We know that it may take awhile to find exactly what he wants.

Doug spent his Sunday raking leaves.  It was a late fall and until this week we really did not have very many down.  I was impressed with how many piles he was able to burn.  His plan for now was to finish up on Wednesday as the weather should still be nice.  We ended the day by taking Brett, Meg and Cam to Buffalo Wild Wings.  It was a wonderful way to end a very busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment