Sunday, November 6, 2016

A Wonderful Experience

Today Doug and I were up early.  We wanted to get our luggage dropped off at the airline check-in before heading to Hollywood Studios.  I am so glad that we did.  There was a long line as a lot of other teachers were checking their luggage as well.  Doug waited while I put our carry on bags in a different area.  It went a lot quicker than either one of us expected it to.

Our luck with busses continued as the one to Hollywood Studios arrived 15 minutes ahead of schedule.  Therefore, we were able to make it to the park before it opened at 8 a.m.  We headed with the crowd to Toy Story Mania.  With all of the closings and additions coming to the park there isn't a lot of big ticket rides to go on and the crowd was heavy.  We made it on, however, with very little wait and were able to circle back and ride again before we left.  I was happy as it is one of my favorites and I found out that by riding with Doug I have a better chance at a high score (according to Meg.)

We ate lunch at the hotel while waiting for the Magical Express.  It was a beautiful day to sit by the lake and enjoy the sunshine.  The trip home was uneventful.  The plane was on time and the Magical Express was full so we did not have to stop at another resort before heading to the airport.  I spent the time catching up on several items for school and home.  I had quite a bit of time to reflect on my experience.  I learned so much while at the conference about teaching high ability students and parenting my own.  I hope to put both into practice.  I also learned that I can travel on my own with relatively no problems.  I was extremely proud of that as I do not believe that I could have done so several years ago.  Finally, it was wonderful to spend the time with Doug.  He was a great travel partner and made the trip even more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment