Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A Fast Two Weeks

It was a whirlwind of a day at school getting sub plans ready and grades entered.  Since I will not be there on Thursday and Friday I told the students that I would end the trimester today.  Most took me up on the offer to turn in missing work and finish all past due assignments.  We even got the peer reviews of the students’ memoirs done.  Most of math class was focused on the election.  It was a perfect day for it as we had a lawyer come in to talk to the students about voting and politics.

Once I got home I finished the packing, put away the laundry and unloaded the dishwasher.  Meg filled me in on her day while I was getting ready.  She has had an exceptional trimester.  Her lowest grade right now is a 94.5%.  She still has finals to take in several classes, but should do well.  

Cam was excited when he got home.  He had basketball practice after school and that went well.  His big news, however, was his J-term permission slip.  He was excited to fill it out and rank his choices.  All of the classes looked interesting to me.  I had to sign off on it once he completed it.  I told Doug later that Cam and I definitely have different interests as his first pick was science related.  That would have been my last!!


Doug and I drove through a horrible downpour to get to our hotel near Midway.  It lasted for the majority of the trip and Doug was very happy to arrive at our destination.  We ate dinner at Giordano’s.  It was where we took Meg and Cam before we flew out in October.  It sure has been a fast two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment