Sunday, October 9, 2016

Fall Break

Cal came home Thursday night for Fall Break and for the first time since he or Brett went to IU it reminded me a lot of when I went to college.  Cal rode home with Caleb, his roommate, and arrived around 9:30 p.m.  He dropped off his laundry, said hello and headed straight to HM's.  After visiting with her, he then stopped by my parents.  They were already in bed, but happy to see him.  By the time he came home both Doug and I were sound asleep.

On Friday Cal was up at 5:30 a.m. to play basketball with the teachers and then spent the day with friends.  He ran into Mom and Meg after school and told them he was going to Hannah-Marie's to carve pumpkins.  He texted me later to let us know that he was over at Alex's and wouldn't be home for dinner.  I heard from him at 11:00 to say he was on his way home, but I fell asleep before he made it here.  Doug was also asleep on the couch, but woke up to talk to Cal about the Cubs win.  Cal had to laugh as in the morning Doug didn't even remember talking to him as he was too tired.

Cal came in to my room early in the morning.  He was hoping for his laundry to be completed.  He was thrilled that I had gotten the majority of it done last night and had clothes for the day.  He left with the Lamle's for HM's volleyball game.  Afterward he hung out with them.  He let me know later in the day that he was going back to Alex's, but wasn't sure when he would be home.  Heard form him again around 12:15 a.m. to let me know that he was spending the night there.

Cal was home Sunday morning before 10 a.m.  I was able to help him with his absentee ballot, car insurance, and immunization record.  Doug made brunch for all of us and HM spent the afternoon here.  I had time to finish his laundry and wash what he wore this weekend before Caleb arrived at 3 to take him back to IU.  We were all here to give him hugs and tell him we would see him soon.  Even though it was a whirlwind of a visit, we all enjoyed seeing him no matter how briefly it was.  Glad he to hear how well he is doing at IU and adjusting to college life.  These two months have flown by.  Soon it will be the holidays and he will be home again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment