Tuesday, June 28, 2016

One Crazy Day

Today was one crazy day.  It started at 6:45 a.m. when I got up to make sure Cal was awake for work.  He was on his way out the door.  Then Cam overslept for Raccoon Run so I had to get him up at 7:40 a.m. to leave by 8.  Meg was next on the agenda.  She had to be at the high school by 9:30 for her Driver's Ed test.  I then headed home to fold laundry.  There was quite a bit, but it was all in baskets or put away by 11:30.

I picked Meg up from her last Driver's Ed at 12:30.  She passed her driver's portion of the class.  Over the weekend she had finished the online part, so she is officially done.  Cam called from Raccoon Run to let me know that he had shot a 42 today and was the low score for his age group.  He was going to play a few extra holes.  After I talked to him Meg and I left for Amanda's.  She needed a haircut and I wanted my eyebrows done.

As soon as we got home we picked up Cam and headed to Goshen for his oboe lesson.  That went very well as he has a new reed.  His instructor said that he could finish his elementary book at the next lesson, so we will order the intermediate one next.  Doug picked Meg up at oboe and took her to piano.  They were a little early, but Mrs. Meek didn't mind.  She just had to put the dogs away.

After oboe Cam and I stopped at Ben's pretzels for a snack for everyone.  We met Doug at piano.  He went jogging while Meg had her lesson.  He took her home from there and I waited on Cam.  Both lessons went well.  Meg won't be able to go again for several weeks because of camp and our trip to New Hampshire, but I set up a time for Cam.  He and I then went to Walmart to get the new Kung Fu Panda 3 movie for the ride out to the East Coast.

Cam's next stop was soccer at Bethany.  It was a cool evening which works a lot better for him when running.  While he played I walked along the trail between Bethany and Goshen College.  I hit my 12,000 steps about 10 minutes before he finished at 8:30.  Once I sat down I was not moving.  Normally, I walk back out and watch him, but this time I decided to rest in the van.  Doug had dinner ready when I got back which I really appreciated.  It was a long day, but a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment