Thursday, May 26, 2016

End of an Era


Cal posted this picture tonight after the Columbia City match entitled "End of an Era."  I haven't cried once as I have thought of him graduating, but this definitely brought tears to my eyes.  Cal has played a lot of golf over the years and one of his favorite rivalries has been with Tyler Green and Columbia City.  I remember the first time I followed the two of them.  They were sixth graders playing at the Tippy Valley invitational.  Cal finished a stroke or two behind Tyler giving him a medal for third.  They have played many times since and it was sad to think that this would be their last time.

Tyler responded to Cal's post on Instagram with the same sentiment as Cal.  He will go on to play at Purdue and Cal's competitive career will end with high school.  Although they won't be playing against one another at least the trash talking can continue as they will still be attending rival schools.  Love this picture and the others I took this evening.  It is not the end, just the beginning of something new.  

No comments:

Post a Comment