Thursday, January 8, 2015

Snow Day

To top off the three delays we have had today we had a snow day.  It was actually more of a "too cold" day as the temperature with wind chill never climbed above 0 degrees.  We tried to go to a movie this afternoon and do some shopping, but once we got north of Milford the wind was so strong that there were white out conditions.  We decided that it wasn't worth it and turned around.  I knew it would be dark before we left and I would really have had a hard time navigating the roads with the drifting snow.

The day was not a loss, however, as Brett, Cam, Mom and Dad play Monopoly.  Meg and I watched "If I Stay."  Cal had Alex and Jayce over for awhile.  Doug couldn't make it to county council because of the roads, so he helped Meg with her spelling words, exercised, worked on a puzzle with Cam and watched "Taken 2" with Brett and I.  The only bitterness of the day was Meg, Cam and I getting beat at Disney Scene It.  I guess "Minnie the Pooh" is not a Disney character, so I wasn't as much help as I thought I'd be.  I know Cal could of helped us, but he just enjoyed our stupidity instead.

Tomorrow will already start with a delay.  I am going to be surprised if they do not cancel.  The wind is howling and the snow is supposed to start again.  Most of the schools around us have cancelled, so we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment