Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Basketball

The official start of middle school girls basketball was yesterday and we had a good turn out.  I will have twelve girls playing and one manager.  We are greatly improved from last year since five of our players participated in AAU.  We can run plays now which will be a big help and we have a starting five that should be able to compete at some level.  My goal is to win two games this year as we only won one last year.  I think we actually have the potential to win one or two more, but we'll see how the year goes.

I know that Meg is excited and nervous all at once.  She likes being the ball handler, but also gets nervous about it.  This year we have a couple other girls who could play the point if they have to which will help if she gets tired, overwhelmed or in foul trouble.  I am surprised at how many sweatshirt and shirt orders we have gotten so far.  I was worried that we wouldn't have our 36 for the discount, but we are way over that now.  Now if we can just get our jerseys all will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment