Thursday, January 2, 2014

There's Always Something Going On in the Heinisch Home

Today was a great day to live in the Heinisch home and definitely fit the tittle of my blog well.  Meg was supposed to have open gym for basketball today, but I had to cancel because of the weather.  Cal also had his practice cancelled.  I told the boys that if they shoveled the drive I would buy everyone lunch.  They did a great job and Meg and I had an interesting experience running to pick up food for all.  We survived McDonalds, however, and everyone appreciated the change in our lunch menu.

Cal asked if Alex could come over around 2:00 or so.  Obviously, the boys missed having practice because at 3:30 they went over to the head coach's home and shoveled out his driveway!!  Their next stop was my parents.  Dad said he'd pay them to take care of their drive as well and they figured why not.  The boys had a lot of fun and came home with money and cookies!!

I told Alex to stay for dinner and we'd order Chinese.  The Batistas came over as well and we all had a lot of fun.  Alexandria and Brett talked about college and then we played Jenga and Five Second Rule.  The boys all stayed downstairs playing pool and poker.  Cam joined us later for a couple of rounds of Just Dance 2014.  Jody even took a turn.  The evening ended around 10 p.m. and Meg, Brett and I agreed it was a success.  Break is flying by fast, but we are getting the most we can out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment