Friday, January 3, 2014

So Much Fun

Meg and I had our first open gym for seventh grade basketball.  Six girls showed up and I thought it went pretty well.  Meg is a lot better at ball handling than the other girls on her team.  She practiced hard and I hope it continues.  I don't want to put pressure on her, but if she does well, we may find some success this year.

After lunch all of Cameron's best friends came over - Evan, Cade, and Braxton.  Cam was so excited that he set his alarm for 1 p.m. so he'd be ready for their 1:30 arrival.  The boys had nerf wars, played ping pong, wii and ate pizza.  My favorite comment of the day was when Meg said, "It's the third grade version of Cal, Jayce, Alex and Gage."  She was exactly right.

Gabby came over to spend the night.  I took them sledding at the high school.  It was very cold, but they made it 45 minutes.  I was impressed.  After the younger boys went home, Brett, Cam, Meg and Gabby all watched Dodgeball.  Doug, Cal and I headed to his girlfriend, Meghan's, for dinner.  They were having Gumbo and invited several people to join them.  The food was great and we knew everyone there either through Cal, swimming or soccer.  I was surprised that we had never met the Fretz's before as we know so many of the same families.

The funniest part of the night was when Meghan's brother, Brayton, left to pick up some friends.  He came back with a couple of other juniors and lagging behind was Jayce.  He had spent the afternoon with Cal and Alex at Hacienda and our house, so we all cracked up when we saw each other.

We were home by 10:30 p.m.  Gabby and Meg had moved on to You Tube.  Brett was reading and Cam was hanging out.  I am always a little nervous about going to parties, but tonight was actually a lot  more fun than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment