Thursday, January 16, 2014

Expectations

On Sunday Cal said to me, "Mom, if you have no expectations, then you will never be disappointed."  I am not sure what we were discussing that prompted him to say that, but I had to laugh.  He did not get this philosophy from me, and I spent a good deal of time thinking about it this week.  After attending his parent teacher conferences on Monday, I realize that this quote explains his personality exactly. 

Every teacher we talked to about his academics said the same thing.  Cal is a great kid, talks a lot and could put a little more work into the class.  I am interested to see if Cal ever outgrows this philosophy or if he is content with wherever life takes him.  The fact that he wants to intern for the strength training coach next year makes me believe the latter will be true!!  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment