Saturday, November 23, 2013

Semi Formal

Tonight Cal went to his first semi formal dance.  He and his date were color coordinated in navy, and actually let us take their pictures before they left.  I am sure they were both uncomfortable, but I know that her mother and I were happy to have the photos as keepsakes.  The pictures were taken in our home as her parents drove them.  She is only a freshmen and Cal is nowhere near getting his license yet.  The rest of the Heinisch family hid out in the basement.  We figured that it was enough that they let us be part of their night.  Adding spectators would definitely make it more challenging.

Part of me is surprised at his new found interest in dances and a girlfriend.  Another part of me is not.  It seems all to be a normal part of high school life.  Too bad it is commented on by so many others.  I hope they had a great time this evening.  I don't know if we will ever hear much about his night.  That's alright.  The semi formal is for high school students.  We will leave the festivities to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment