Friday, November 15, 2013

Birthday Fun

Celebrating my 45th birthday today was a lot of fun.  I started the day with a game of dodge ball with the 7th and 8th grade students.  It was their PBIS reward for zero write-ups in a trimester and we had an awesome time.  Even took a shot to the ear and survived.  Meg coordinated a serenade of Happy Birthday from the 7th grade girls to make the morning complete.

Doug took a half day off from work, so after school we spent the day together shopping.  Our first stop was lunch at Carraba's for lobster ravioli.  We were able to hit Dick's, Target, Pier One, the mall, Toys R Us and Kohl's before Doug wore out.  I was thrilled at spending time with him and shopping as they are two of my favorite things.  We were able to finish off all that we needed for the remodeling that we have done over the last month and get a start on our Christmas shopping.

We stopped for dinner at Main Street Grill on the way home.  Both of us were stuffed by the end of the meal and I didn't even have room for dessert.  Mom had dropped off a big cookie for my birthday celebration, so we were able to indulge later in the evening.  She also entertained Cal and Cameron with several games of UNO.  Cal was home by the time we were, but Cam spent the night at my parents.  Meg had a lot of fun with Gabby and the Fiscus women.  They went to see the play Robin Hood at the high school and hit McDonald's for a late night snack.

Forty-five years sounds old, but it sure doesn't feel it.  Spending the day with Doug and with Paula yesterday at lunch made me realize that age is just a number.  I love the wisdom that forty-five years on this Earth brings - a perfect day and and perfect way to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment