Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Too funny!

Meg came home last night with great news from the soccer party.  She was given the offensive player of the season award.  It came complete with a medal and a lot of praise and congratulations.  While she was at the party I emailed her friend Graham's mom to see if she could give Meg a ride home from school today, so she didn't have to wait on Cameron for chess club.  Jenny said that they were going grocery shopping, but Meg was welcome to ride along.

I proposed this to Meg, and told her that it probably made more sense for her to just wait in my room for a little while or Mrs. Brower's.  Meg looked at me and said, "You mean I can't go shopping with Graham.  That would be so much fun."  I don't remember her ever telling me how fun grocery shopping was, but I agreed to ask Jenny if she was serious.  She was, so today when I told Meg and Graham that Meg could go, they started high fiving.  Sounds like they had a great time and Culver's for dinner yet to boot!  Too funny!!

So, when I picked up Cameron from chess club, we talked about school, golf and all of the great happenings in the life of a third grader.  As we drove by the high school my mouth dropped.  There was Cal standing in his boot hitting tennis balls to the JV players.  Cam and I couldn't believe it, so we drove by the fence and it was him!  Scared me at first, but happy to see him out and about.  Last night he went to the volleyball game and dressed in a poncho for "random" night.  Thus, he seems to almost be back to himself.  That is a great feeling for this Mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment