Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ready for the Week

Doug and I spent the day getting ready for the week.  Tomorrow begins the kitchen construction project.  Thus, Doug spent quite a bit of time clearing out the cabinets and rearranging the mud room to fit our refrigerator.  I then cleaned up the appliances and counter tops, so I think we are ready for this adventure.  Can't wait to see what it looks like in the end.  It will be nice to have the added cabinet space as well.

We also had time to get a lot of other things done around the house, which will make our week run a lot smoother.  I graded everything that has been turned into me so far - a four hour commitment that I am thrilled to be done with.  I finally got all of the laundry put away that I washed on Friday.  Doug mowed, jogged, ran to the grocery, finished paperwork for Renegade and surprised Cal and I with homemade macaroni and cheese.  It will be a lot harder to cook once the stove is taken out, so we enjoyed having it today.  In making space for the new cabinets we gave my Mom our hutch.  It matches her kitchen table and she already is putting it to good use.  She told me that this counts as her birthday and Christmas gift, but we'll see.

Cal was able to catch up on some homework.  Cameron went golfing with Grandma Jane.  Meg thoroughly enjoyed her first youth group meeting and Brett called to talk about the plans for our upcoming visit.  Overall a very productive day that will hopefully leave us ready for the week to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment