Friday, October 4, 2013

Conferences

Last night was conference night at our elementary and middle school.  I had a great turn out from my student population.  I used the time to go over with the parents our upcoming sewing projects and I think everyone felt pretty good as they left the room.  Since neither Doug nor I could go with Meg, my Mom made the trek.  Meg had to take her from room to room showing her what she has accomplished this year.  That went well.

Meg stayed with me for the rest of the evening.  She and Gabby ran around hanging out with a lot of their seventh and eighth grade friends.  For awhile Gabby played her violin in my room while Meg did homework.  Her mom decided that she should start on her homework as well, so the serenade stopped.
Cameron used the time to go golfing with my Dad.  They played an alternate shot, which Cam just loved.  They shot an 83 and Cam had plenty of stories to share.  Doug's soccer game was cut short because of lightning.  The tennis team had a delay at sectionals as well, but they were able to finish tonight.  They all lost, but overall it was a positive season and we look forward to next year.

Tonight was busy, but fun.  Cal went to the football game with Kevin and Jayce.  It was against our rival school - close, but not quite for Wawasee.  Meg and Cam had piano after school.  By the time we got home Doug had painted the majority of the kitchen yellow.  I like it a lot more than I thought I would.  We took them to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings afterward.  It was a great way to cap off a very busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment