Friday, October 18, 2013

Anti-Social

I am sure that there are some people out there that think that I am anti-social.  Tonight I was invited to go to dinner with two different groups.  It was nice to be included, but I declined.  I have had several meetings this week and I feel like I never get to see my family and just enjoy them.

Thus, instead of joining in on the social activities I met Meg after school and helped her clean out her locker.  Forty minutes later we carried out 8 sweatshirts, 1 t-shirt, 1 bag, two lunch boxes and three bags of paper.  Probably not fun to most, but we both felt a strong sense of accomplishment as we headed to the van.  From there we stopped at Casey's for our Friday after school ritual.  Cam was thrilled to have a donut and slushie for his weeks accomplishment and Meg held tight to her bag of Starbursts for hers.

We then headed straight home to catch up with Cal.  He and Jayce made plans to go to the football game in Goshen with Doug Hapner.  They had to be on the road by 5 as Doug wanted to go to dinner.  I enjoyed listening to Jayce and Cal talk about their week, playing their favorite song of the week and being a part of their exuberance for a short while.

Doug and I decided to go to dinner in town once he arrived home from work.  Meg was content to stay at home and text some friends.  Cam visited his grandparents to practice his putting.  Once the four of us were back together again, we played a round of Mario Kart on the Wii.  It was quickly decided that my skills have deteriorated over the years, but we all enjoyed the activity.

Now we sit and wait to hear from Cal.  Doug's sorting papers from work, Meg's getting ready for her eye exercises and Cam's planning his strategy for tomorrow's chess tournament.  On nights like these I can't imagine being anywhere else.  So, I hope that no one sees me as anti-social.  I really am not.  I get a ton of social interaction during the day at school.  I save my precious free time for the Heinisch family.  I realize that in a few short years they will all be off doing their own thing.  For now I will just enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment