Thursday, July 25, 2013

Cleaning Out

Doug and I are talking about remodeling our kitchen.  No major structural changes, but new cabinets, countertops and furniture.  Meg overheard us talking about it, and before they left for camp she wanted to hear my ideas.  I went through the plans with her and she was pretty excited.  She gave me some of her thoughts and the "OK" to move forward.

Today Brett helped me clean out several of our cabinets.  I told him that I want to get rid of a couple of things before we meet with the Syl next week.  As we have remodeled several times before, they all know our contractor.  Brett instantly said, "Let me hear the plan.  I grew up here and I want to see if I approve before you make any major changes."  So, as I did with Meg I walked Brett through our thoughts - happy to talk about our plans and glad that Brett enthusiastically supported the idea.

I knew that when we talked of remodeling, the two that are most accepting of change would readily give their thumbs up.  I also realize that the two that are not as receptive of change have not even asked anything about it.  Hopefully, they will jump on board once we decide what we are doing.  I think they will like it in the end, but I do except some grumbling along the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment