Sunday, March 17, 2013

Erin Go Bragh!

Even though the Heinisch family ties its roots to Germany, we all enjoy the festivities of St. Patrick's Day.  Dressed in green for an early morning mass.  Followed up by the Knights of Columbus's traditional luncheon of corned beef and cabbage.  The beaded necklaces, light-up glasses, paper leprechauns, talk of gold at the end of the rainbow, and a mulitude of green desserts all add to the enjoyment of the day. 

I have always dreamed of touring the country of Ireland.  I hope that one day Doug and I will be able to make that dream a reality.  I envision quaint cottages, rolling hills, and dining on cuisine at the local pubs.  No, I am not Irish, but for one day a year, I like to pretend that I am.  I thank St. Patrick for driving out the snakes of Ireland and for his devotion to faith and country - Erin Go Bragh!

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like your St. Patty's Day is a festive one. The green desserts are my favorite things today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to get to Ireland as well. Your description fit my imagination to a tee! Can't wait to get a pint at a pub! Happy St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about some green desserts! I'm glad you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My town is named Dublin, so St. Patrick's Day has a lot of beloved traditions for me too! (Although they're all on Saturday -- so yesterday, we had our pancake breakfast with green syrup, Irish music, and a parade!) From all the pictures I've seen, Ireland looks amazingly beautiful. I hope your wish comes true someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I have been to Ireland and it is beautiful. You must go and experience it. Glad you were able to celebrate...even if your roots are not Irish! Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Several years ago my husband and I were offered a trip to Ireland, but we couldn't afford the expense. I hope the chance comes again! I'll up my charge card next time.

    ReplyDelete