Friday, October 13, 2017

On to Bloomington

Good news all around today.  The Cubs won 9-8 last night.  The game lasted longer than any other 9 inning playoff game in history finishing close to 2:30 in the morning.  My therapy sessions went well.  The swelling in my ankle was down 3 centimeters since I started therapy.  All of my students finished their tests today with many making significant improvement.  Best of all, we headed to Bloomington at 4:15 this afternoon.

Traffic was heavy on 37 and we had to stop once, but we were still able to make it to Brett's apartment by 8:30.  It was a beautiful night, so we walked to Mother Bear's.  I hadn't walked since August.  My leg did hurt, but it was nice to get some exercise.  There was a long line outside of the restaurant when we arrived, but we were seated within thirty minutes.  We used our time waiting to catch up with Brett.  We talked a lot about what he had been up to and also The Legend of Sleepy Hollow as we had just watched the Disney version on the way to Bloomington.  The food was delicious and the service was a lot quicker than we had expected.  The walk back to Brett's went well.  My leg was sore, but I was happy that I didn't hold anyone back too much.  Doug and Cam helped us blow up Meg's mattress and then headed to Parce's.  I was impressed that Doug made it up as long as he did.  He had stayed up until 1:30 a.m last night watching the Cubs and then got up at 5:30 a.m. to play basketball.  Meg, Brett and I watched the Harry Potter marathon on Freeform until we finally decided it was time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment