Tuesday, June 20, 2017

She's Legal!



Since school got out all Meg and I have been focused on was driving and parking.  She really wanted to be the first of the Heinisch children to pass the driver's test on the first try and I knew it would be a lot easier if she did.  With basketball camp, our trip to DC and Camp Crosley it would be very hard to schedule a retest.  In saying that if she didn't pass that would be ok too.

Today was the first time she could try as she was officially turned 16 years and 90 days.  I scheduled the test at 10:30 knowing that would give me time to get Cam to golf at Raccoon Run and let her practice a little before we left for Albion.  Meg decided to take some time to practice normal parking at the high school before we left.  She opted out of anymore parallel parking as she did very well with it yesterday.

We were thrilled when we met the driving instructor.  She was a lot more pleasant than either one that the boys had.  We hoped that was a good omen.  After she left I picked up Northanger Abby to catch up to where Meg stopped.  I didn't think I'd be able to read as I thought I would be too nervous.  Overall, however, I did pretty well waiting on her and by the time she returned I had finished a chapter and a half.

When Meg walked in she had no expression on her face.  I couldn't tell if that was a good sign or a bad one.  Once the instructor said to her, "Ok, go get your mom" I knew she passed.  With the boys the instructor was extremely rude after the test and jumped me about their driving/parking.  This was a new experience for me.  After signing the paperwork and getting Meg's picture we were on our way back to Syracuse happy to be done.  Meg decided to call and tell her Dad, but didn't want Grandma to know until she pulled into her driveway.  I know I will be nervous every time she leaves the driveway, but that's normal.  She's practiced a lot and has been a cautious driver.  I'll leave it in God's hands from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment