Monday, May 15, 2017

Last Week of Tennis

Tonight both Meg and Cameron had an away tennis match.  I asked Meg if it would be ok if we all went to Cam's match.  I have been to almost all of her matches and I have only been to one of Cam's. I also knew that I would struggle to drive all the way to Whitko by myself.  I was thankful that she was understanding.  It was a challenging match for her.  She was playing one of their toughest competitors who was a senior.  It was also the first time Meg had to play in the heat.  She did well, hanging in there to finish with a loss at 6-2, 6-4.  She was proud of the fact that she didn't give up in the second set when she was down 4-1.  Her coach wasn't supportive, but we have gotten used to that.  We were proud of her for finishing out the regular season.  She has been an important part of the team this year, and even if he doesn't appreciate that, we do.

Cam's match went well tonight.  He played with Caleb once again.  They started slow, but got it together in the end.  The match was tied at 4-4 when Cam won the next three points of his opponents serve to put them ahead, 5-4.  Cam then was able to serve out the next game at love giving the boys the win at 6-4 and putting Cam undefeated for the season.  It was a great way to finish out his second year of middle school tennis.  Next year will look different for him as Caleb will be in Malaysia, but I was glad that they could enjoy this adventure together this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment