Saturday, April 8, 2017

It Only Took Five Times

Today was one that Cam probably won't forget for quite awhile.  He had been struggling this week with his allergies, but I thought he had finally turned a corner.  After today I guess I must have been wrong.  The day started off great as the Animal Kingdom bus was at the bus stop right when we arrived. Unfortunately, we weren't two minutes into the trip when Cam got sick.  Luckily, there were only two other passengers on the bus and they were very helpful.  Doug cleaned Cam up the best he could, but he was a mess.  I asked Cam if he wanted to go back, but he really wanted to go to Animal Kingdom.  So we got off the bus and headed straight to a clothing shop.  They didn't have what Cam wanted so Meg and I went to the shop at the Dinosaur ride while Doug helped Cam clean up.  We hoped they would have a shirt that he wanted and we found the perfect one.  He changed right away.  He still needed shorts, but they didn't have any.  Cam decided he'd go ahead and ride Dinosaur, even though he didn't quite smell his best.

After Dinosaur we usually ride Primeval Whirl.  The wait was 60 minutes, however, so we decided to just feel thankful that we had ridden it on Tuesday.  We walked to Expedition Everest as that was our next Fast Pass.  The roller coaster was not working, so we did some shopping instead.  Luckily, Asia had exactly what we were looking for - a pair of shorts for Cam.  They were even appropriately named - Yak & Yeti.  We checked in with the Yeti ride once again, but the workers said it was going to be out for awhile, so we instead went to our favorite show in Animal Kingdom - It's Tough to Be a Bug.  Our next Fast Pass was for Kilimanjaro Safari.  The animals were out and feeding while we were on the ride.  One even walked right up to our jeep.  There were more baby animals than I had ever seen before.   After the ride I talked everyone into walking on the Gorilla Falls trail.  I had gone in November when I was there on my own and loved it.  Doug, Meg and Cam liked it this trip as well.  The animals were easy to spot and the birds flew right above our heads.

We took a bus from Animal Kingdom to Blizzard Beach.  We wanted to play the round of mini golf that was rained out on Tuesday.  We had to wait a little while, but no one seemed to mind.  The course was a lot of fun.  Cam was still feeling queasy and was sick two more times while we were there.  Meg started to feel the same, but hers seemed to be from the DayQuil she took.  We did make it through the round and everyone had a great time.

The bus trip back to The Boardwalk was a lot less painful than we thought it would be.  Doug once again wanted to tour the countries at EPCOT and Meg and Cam wanted to rest.  Once we made sure they were set in the room, Doug and I left for an hour or so.  It was hotter today than yesterday, but very nice.  We tried foods that we hadn't yet and did a little bit of shopping.

Cam was feeling a little better when we got back, at least enough to try Magic Kingdom.  The bus ride there was rough, but he made it.  The park was even more crowded than last night.  We did have a Fast Pass for Buzz Lightyear which was one that we missed last night because of the wait times.  As it wasn't time yet we started at Mickey's Philharmagic.  The show was great, but once again Cam got sick.  Unfortunately, this time he didn't make it to the bushes and Meg had a foot to "disinfect."  We did still have fun at Magic Kingdom riding Buzz and shopping at the Emporium.

We headed back early as we needed to pack.  I was so glad that we did.  The Boardwalk was full of life and we thoroughly enjoyed the street performers and the fireworks from EPCOT.  Meg even found some nachos and I finally got a funnel cake.  As we walked back to the room, Cam said to me, "Well, after five times (throwing up) I finally feel better!"

No comments:

Post a Comment