Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A Little Bit Better

My cough was still pretty bad this morning and for awhile I thought I'd go ahead and have Doug take me to the hospital.  I had tried the inhaler when I first woke up, but it took a lot longer to work than I expected.  Thankfully, after an hour or so my cough finally died down and I was able to take a shower.  

I spent the day sitting up in bed working on school work and other computer work that I had to do.  I did not want to push myself at all, plus I had plenty to do.  I also watched some of my favorite morning shows and even had a chance to finish Phantom of the Opera.  Doug and my Mom were a big help these past few days.  They've gotten Cam and Meg everywhere they needed to be, feed those that were hungry, ran errands and kept the house picked up.  

I was bummed that I couldn't go to Meg's match, but she understood.  I couldn't even drive to the post office, let alone Middlebury.  Doug made it, however, and kept me updated.  Meg played well even though she lost 6-0, 6-2.  Doug said that was her best opponent so far.  Cam had a practice match at Bethany and Mom was able to pick him up for us.  He also was pleased with how he played, winning both of his matches.  

I debated all day about going to school tomorrow.  In the end I decided that I would try a half day in the afternoon.  I knew a full day would be too much, and I was afraid that I would cough through the entire ISTEP test that students were taking in the morning.  My principal said that it was a good decision.  I appreciate all of the help that the school gave my students so I didn't have to worry about my classes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment