Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day #27

Tonight Doug and I celebrated our 27th Valentine's together and it was just as wonderful as the first.  We started the evening at home visiting with Cameron and Meg.  I had gotten them each a small gift.  Cam liked the addition to his Scooby Doo Lego and Meg loved her new glitter waterfall phone case.  Once they were done sampling their candy Doug and I opened our gifts.  Doug gave me several nice ones including a bouquet of flowers.  I loved them all, but the earrings brought back the most memories.  They were just like the large hoops I had received so many years ago with the only difference being in color - silver instead of gold.  Doug had a box filled with his favorite treats and a new Roger Federer shirt that he appreciated very much.

Doug made reservations at Kelly Jae's and we had a wonderful dinner together.  School had been crazy with the excitement of the holiday and it was nice just to relax.  Work has been going well for Doug and he had a lot to share.  We also talked of our plans for the future and the places the Heinisch children have mentioned that they would like to travel to.  We topped off the evening with a delicious dessert - peanut butter ganache.  I couldn't have asked for a better date and feel absolutely blessed to be a part of Doug's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment